How to Build a Better Business Where You Work Less, Make More and Actually Enjoy Life
- A 6 or 7-figure agency or business owner who feels trapped in your business?
- Overwhelmed by daily emails, client work, team problems and organisational complexity?
- Wanting to enjoy your life and success more but unable to because your business is holding you hostage?
These are common problems that business owners face once they’ve built a successful business. I call it the Business Owner Trap.
As someone who has started, run and scaled businesses to 7-figures, I understand the pain — there’s too much to do and not enough time to do it all.
All the things that you did to successfully start your business have become barriers to its future success… and your own personal life.
But it doesn’t have to be this way.
What if I told you we could transform your business, bit-by-bit, so that it ran like a well-oiled machine?
Where you can show up, do what you enjoy (if you want), and the rest of the business just takes care of itself.
That’s exactly what I offer with my Systems Intensives, coaching and consulting.
Over the course of working together…
- We’ll set up systems that free you from the day-to-day in your business so that you get to work on the things you enjoy — or not work at all!
- You’ll go from being overwhelmed, overworked, stressed and exhausted to well-rested, relaxed and surprisingly free. This creates the space that you need to lead the business, exercise your zone of genius and become a Founder-at-Large.
- The business will go from having no systems and documented processes… to having everything streamlined, automated and documented for smooth daily operations.
- Your business will become ready to scale, so that you don’t fall into trap of acquiring customers, losing old customers then needing to acquire new ones.
I work with clients in a few different ways:
1. Systems Intensives
We’ll work on a specific part of your business, be it Asana, Notion, SOPs or client management and set it up in 1-3 days.
This means no time wasted, no back-and-forth, no ongoing email threads, no retainers and you can see the entire process unfold live as we do it.
2. Custom Projects
If you have a specific objective or part of the business that you need help with, a custom project is for you.
It could be re-engineering a core business process, documenting a specific team’s workflow or something else entirely.
3. Fractional COO Services
Sometimes you need a little more hands-on, ongoing help with the systems in your business.
This is where I’ll step in as your Fractional COO and work alongside your team, transforming the business to the point where you become a True Business Owner.
4. True Business Owner
I’ll help coach you through the operational challenges and opportunities in your business, and direct your team on how to implement solutions.
5. Business Therapy
If you need help with a specific, brief business problem, then a 1-hour Business Therapy session is for you!
Here’s What I Can Help With
- Asana VIP Days and Intensives. We’ll deploy my four-step framework of Assess, Align, Assemble and Activate to streamline your project management in Asana. This means you and your team will go from being unable to find tasks and projects, to knowing exactly where they are and how communicate updates with the everyone else. And the best thing? We’ll get it done in a day.
- Notion VIP Days and Intensives. We’ll deploy my three-step Gather, Garner and Guide framework for setting up knowledge bases and put all your organisational knowledge into a single source of truth. This will become the one place where your team can go to find culture documents, branding, SOPs, meeting notes and more. No more DMs about random Google Docs or struggling to find information.
- Culture Systems Intensives. Would you lead an army into battle if they didn’t have a common code, uniform, values and mission? Of course not! And yet, business owners do this all the time without having culture and values correctly identified and implemented in their business. Culture systems are the foundation on which all other systems are built — and I can help you put them in place.
- True Business Owner Coaching. Your business is supposed to help you live the life that you want — not take away the life that you have! Many business owners fall into the “business owner trap” because they haven’t created a world-class business that runs on its own and that lets them live they life that they want. In True Business Owner, I will help you identify what you need to get off your plate, what systems or goals you need next in your business, and then train and coach you and your team to get those them running for you. Find out more here.
- Systems, Apps, Automation and Implementation. I’ll help you find the right systems and tools for your business and set them up to play nicely together. I’ll create efficient, streamlined and trainable business processes and SOPs (standard operating procedures) and combine them into your very own operations manual.
- Client Management. Most service providers have no defined processes for when a client comes onboard — we create this folder here, let John in accounting know and then… bill them sometime soon? Effective client management means automating 50%+ of those processes and systemising the rest so that they happen like clockwork, meaning you can bring clients onboard quickly, deliver for them and then happily offboard them with testimonials and repeat business.
- Team Management. Having a plan is only 50% of implementation in business. Having the right people to execute it is the other half. I’ll help you identify who you need on your team for it to grow and walk you through how to find (and keep) them.
- Strategy and Productivity. I’m all about creating better systems and part of that is strategy. I want to help you turn your business into an amazing money-making machine which means more profit, less stress and enabling you to make even more of an impact on the world. I’ll act as your trusted brainstorming partner who you can talk shop with and bounce ideas off. And when you have a brilliant idea — will help you map out a plan to get it implemented in the business.
Client ❤️ and Results
“Regardless of how experienced or successful you are, it is essential to gain an outside perspective from an expert who can see your blind spots. Aaron gives ‘straight to the point’ advice to focus on the key areas that will help move your business forward and through challenges. Highly recommended.”
Dan RemonCEO of FitCorp Asia (corporate wellness)
“For those of you who are wanting some advice for your business to take it forward, Aaron is definitely the person to go to. He is very knowledgeable in a lot of areas including systems and processes and he gave me many amazing ideas that are readily implementable. I’ve been able to take action straight away which I’m very excited about. Aaron is very well-prepared. He’s thorough, but to the point and is really amazing at both blue-sky strategy as well as detailed implementation. I’ve worked with other consultants in the past but this was by far the most useful and practical.”
Jenny ShenFounder & Director of ChiFunese (language programmes)
“Was impressed with the 5 hour call and huge plan you created that was super tailored to us. And it was helpful that you did a followup on explaining the steps to go through. Your answers were always helpful and am learning how to be better leader through you.”
DGCEO, wellness education company
“I had a great call with Aaron where I laid out my ideas and concerns about this year. He helped me break each problem down and found the best way to approach it all the best way. I ended up a whole lot clearer and less worries then I was before and I have very structured plan of action for this year. Couldn’t be happier.”
Michel GenetayOwner, MikaNutra
“I run an online advertising company and we are constantly revamping our processes and exploring new tools etc. Aaron was extremely helpful and is one of the best people we’ve come across for process automation and overall efficiency. I can’t recommend him enough.”
Rob BarbieroOnline Advertiser
“Aaron went beyond the call of duty, coming to the call well prepared and sending me a mindmap summary at the end! Aaron helped me think through my situation from a different angle, and that was helpful.”
Giovanni DienstmannFounder, Live and Dare
“I did a one hour call with Aaron regarding some personal and business productivity issues. Aaron identify my problems and gave me actionable tasks. I like it how he shared many of his personal experience, which I find he understood what I’m struggling with. We created a game plan for me to apply in my life. I can’t wait to see the result from it. Aaron has a decade of experience in this field. I highly recommend Aaron if you want to see positive changes in your life.”
Vy MaiCOO, privately-held e-commerce group
“It is amazing what can be achieved in such a short period of time. Aaron gave me lots of actionable advice and clearly has a wealth of information at his disposal. There were no issues that he could not address and propose clear and concise solutions for. Highly recommended.”
Jaki Fitzka LairdFounder, Polamai
“Aaron really tried to understand the whole picture of the online business by asking background questions before giving advice. This is key because he helped brainstorm ideas on which direction to focus the business, in relation to my goals for it. It was nice to have an outside opinion and speaking with him was a good decision. Thanks.”
Nate WellingFounder, baht.com
Why Work With Me?
Systems and operations is my thing.
I completed my formal education at UNSW, which is the top business school in Australia. I specialised in business information systems.
I’ve re-engineered processes and done systems analysis and design for corporate telecommunications, finance and manufacturing companies.
I’ve taught business systems and productivity to entrepreneurs and professionals for the past 15 years.
I’ve helped numerous 6, 7 and 8-figure clients break free from the chains of their business so they can enjoy living their lives, all whilst the business continues running like clockwork.
I’ve also been a business owner and COO and understand the pains of having a growing and successful business. Whether it’s managing digital marketing campaigns, trying to get 30+ staff on the same page or lying in bed at night wondering what the point of it all is, I’ve been there.
I’ve done 6-figure launches, scaled businesses to the 7-figures and managed email lists with over 30,000 subscribers. I have the technical expertise to streamline everything from product funnels to back office systems to automated marketing campaigns.
But most importantly, I’ve realised that business is the magic combination of vision and systems. And that I really, really enjoy the systems part.
To be honest, most people find systems, processes and operations boring. They see them as rigid, bland and a grind. But luckily for you, I LOVE systems, processes and operations.
In fact, I’ve had business owners ask me why I don’t just start my own world-changing business in an area I’m passionate about. And that’s because my passion is systems. I’m passionate about the process, execution and making things happen — in fact, I would enjoy this no matter what industry or business I worked in.
How to Get Started
Tell me about yourself and your business using this form right here.
We’ll have an informal 60-minute chat about your top priorities and how I can help.
We’ll get things started on your Systems Intensive, Coaching or Consulting Project!
Are You Ready to Become a True Business Owner?
Or do you want to spend the next 5, 10, 15 years stuck in the Business Owner Trap of working hard and doing everything yourself in your business only to see your income plateau… and have no time for yourself and the life you want to live?